OUCH! MY HEELS HURT!
Millions of Americans awake every morning with the same complaint – painful, sore heels!
How many times have you awakened in the morning and stepped on that cold, hard floor, only to feel a sharp pain in your heels?
You haven’t even started the day and here you are with pain! You sit down promptly on the side of your bed and wonder, “Why do I have sore heels?” Within 10 or 15 minutes of hobbling about in your morning routine, you find that the pain isn’t quite as bad as it was. After brushing your teeth and getting dressed, the heel pain is now a slight annoyance, so you can tolerate it and go on about your business.
You may be suffering from any of a number of conditions which cause heel pain such as plantar fascitis, inflamed adventitious bursa, heel spurs, pump bumps, stress fractures, neuro-fibrosis (thickening of the nerve) as well as others.
Your days of agonizing heel pain may be over! New, revolutionary treatment for heel pain — Extra-Corporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
“There is a heel pain crisis in the United States, similar to the crisis we saw early last decade relating to unresolved back pain,” says Garey Weber, D.P.M., a foot and ankle specialist.
Millions of Americans are believed to suffer from intractable, chronic heel pain which is unresolved by current methods of treatment. According to Weber, like the treatment of back pain, the technology available to address heel pain has not progressed from traditional, invasive, decades-old techniques. Now, this new treatment approved by the FDA could revolutionize the treatment and resolution of heel pain.
Developed and utilized extensively in Europe, the ESWT device uses the same technology that is now commonly used to treat kidney stones. The device, used in an outpatient surgical center setting, emits sound waves into the affected area of the foot. For the patient’s comfort, the procedure is done with monitored light sedation and a local anesthetic. Of particular note for the patient, there are no incisions! Studies suggest that these sound waves create microscopic, cellular reactions to promote healing and elimination of the painful heel condition.
After the procedure, most patients participating in studies have shown virtually no complications. Because this is done on an outpatient basis, recovery time is shortened. Most people can return to their daily activities more quickly. Typically only one treatment session is required.
Advantages of ESWT for Heel Pain
- No hospitalization
- Immediate ambulation
- Usually requires only one treatment with ESWT device
- No incisions
- Immediate return to work
Heel pain is more than just a nuisance. That dull ache that never seems to go away does more to impact your quality of life than you realize. As hard as you try, the pain won’t go away on its own. In fact, the longer you wait, the worse the pain will get, and the longer you will have to go through treatment to get relief.
Your Ticket to Fast Relief From Agonizing Heel Pain
At your first consultation, you’ll be amazed at how much time we take to listen to your symptoms. Our Victorville and Irvine podiatrists take the time to investigate the pain you’re feeling, and come up with a solution to get you started with the best treatment options available.
Whether plantar fasciitis, compressed nerves, or inflammation causes your heel pain, we have a treatment option to eliminate the agony you live with each day.
- Custom Orthotics. This is perhaps the easiest form of treatment. Custom orthotics for Orange County women and men may not seem like the most fashionable way to treat heel pain, but they have come a long ways since the big clunky shoes of the past. Now, you can support your feet and treat your heel pain with the right footwear instead of continuing to do serious damage to your heel in unsupportive shoes.
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment. This treatment, also known as EPAT treatment, can sometimes speed the healing process of the damaged tissues in your heel. By using acoustic pressure waves to improve blood circulation, this treatment accelerates the heeling process. It is a breakthrough treatment that has helped many Orange County and Los Angeles County people with their heel pain.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Replacement Therapy. PRP Replacement therapy uses your own blood to speed the recovery time and get you back on your feet faster. PRP replacement therapy works by spinning your blood at a very high speed. This allows us to isolate the platelets. Then, we inject the platelets into the area where you’re experiencing heel pain to make it heal faster. This is done in our office so there is little downtime. Often it’s used in conjunction with other treatments and therapies giving you the best results.
- Nerve Decompression. If the nerves in your feet are compressed, you may experience unusual heel pain, numbness, tingling, or sensitivity to light touch. Heel pain caused by compressed nerves is common in people who are overweight or have diabetes. With a nerve decompression treatment—a minimally invasive treatment—your doctor will release the tissue strangulating the nerves. Often this allows blood to begin flowing to the nerve beyond the areas where it was constricted giving you fast relief.
Our wide array of services (many of which are not offered by other southern California podiatrists) relieves your heel pain with the most innovative solutions available.
Treatment for Your Heel Pain is Just a Phone Call Away
With over five doctors and 18 staff members, we have the experience and skill you need to get relief from your heel pain. Because we solve such a wide variety of foot problems, we can diagnose the cause of your heel pain quickly and get you on the path to treatment fast. You’ll never be charged for your first visit and consultation with one of our skilled staff members! Call to schedule your complimentary consultation today to get to the root of your heel pain and get relief!