After 10 years in private practice, Dr. Goddard joined California Foot and Ankle Institute in 2012. He brings extensive surgical experience to the practice and is trained in minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Goddard has extensive knowledge of pediatric foot and ankle issues and has advanced surgical training with children. He completed an internationally renowned surgical residency program, which included three years of work with the Baja Project – a non-profit organization that brought surgical care to children in Latin America. Dr. Goddard took part in dozens of medical missions to Mexico and El Salvador focused on the complex reconstruction of congenital foot, ankle and leg deformities. Dr. Goddard has applied his surgical knowledge to the treatment of peripheral neuropathy. He is one of only 300 doctors in the world (along with Dr. Weber also of California Foot and Ankle Institute), trained in nerve decompression surgery -- a highly specialized microsurgery that restores normal blood flow and function to entrapped nerves that cause much of the pain and suffering associated with peripheral neuropathy. This surgery actually relieves the underlying cause of pain, providing immediate and lasting results for patients who have often suffered for years. Dr. Goddard has specific interest in sports medicine and is personally invested in helping athletes stay performance-ready and keeping “weekend warriors” on their feet and able to participate in their favorite recreational activities.
- Bachelor of Science, 1994, California State University, Long Beach
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, 2000, with honors, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- Surgical Podiatric Residency PSR 24+, Los Angeles, CA
- Baja Project For Crippled Children, Torrance, CA
- Board Qualified, Foot Surgery, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Board Qualified for Reconstructive Rear Foot and Ankle Surgery, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons, Dellon Microsurgical Technique for Nerve Decompression and Neurolysis
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- California Podiatric Medical Association
- Orange County Podiatric Medical Association
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Baja Project, 2000-2003, non-profit medical mission, Latin America
- Advanced training in nerve decompression releases for neuropathy, 2012